Sun, Jan 09|
Location is TBD
Annual Daniel Fast
As you commit to this fast in faith, you will begin to feel refreshed and invigorated spiritually. You will also notice a greater sense of spiritual empowerment. We are expecting God to do great things in your life and the life of our church as a result!
Time & Location
Jan 09, 2022, 12:00 AM – Jan 30, 2022, 6:00 PM
Location is TBD
About The Event
The Daniel Fast is a partial fast, based on Daniel 10:2-3in the Bible, in which Daniel fasted for three weeks. During the fasting period, only certain foods are eaten. Prayer, meditation and giving the results of the fast to God are also important components of this fast.
The purpose of the Daniel Fast is to deny the body from eating certain foods as a way of getting closer to God. Increased spiritual awareness, becoming stronger in your faith, and building more spiritual stamina are also the purposes of this fast. It is also noted in Isaiah 58:6 that fasting loosens the bonds of wickedness. Since this fast focuses on eating only foods in their natural state, it cleanses the body from many of the impurities introduced by processed foods.
Foods to Avoid on the Daniel Fast
- All meat & animal products – bacon, beef, buffalo, eggs, fish, lamb, poultry, and pork.
- All dairy products – butter, cheese, cream, milk, and yogurt.
- All sweeteners – agave nectar (agave: a desert plant), artificial sweeteners, brown rice syrup, cane juice, honey, molasses, raw sugar, syrups, stevia (plant), and sugar.
- All bread, leavened bread & yeast – baked goods
- All refined & processed food products – artificial flavorings, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, white flour, and white rice.
- All deep-fried foods – corn chips, French fries, and potato chips.
- All solid fats – lard, margarine, and shortening.
- Beverages – alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, energy drinks, herbal tea, and tea.